2019 KELLY CUP FINALS
Newfoundland Growlers (1st North) vs. Toledo Walleye (2nd Central)
Newfoundland leads 3-2
GAME 6: Tuesday, June 4th (7 PM NST) – Mile One Centre
WATCH: Rogers TV, ECHL TV LISTEN: mixlr.com/nlgrowlers
The Newfoundland Growlers return to Mile One Centre Tuesday night with a chance to win the Kelly Cup on home ice in game six of the 2019 Kelly Cup Finals versus the Toledo Walleye, ECHL affiliate of the Detroit Red Wings. A do-or-die game 7 is slated for Wednesday, June 5th if necessary.
Ryan Obuchowski’s shorthanded tally near the mid-way mark of the second period stood as the game-winner as the Toledo Walleye avoided elimination Saturday night at the Huntington Center, picking up a 3-2 win to force a game six at Mile One Centre. Marcus Power and Zach O’Brien supplied the offence for the Growlers. Tyler Spezia and A.J. Jenks also tallied for the Walleye. Michael Garteig picked up 22 saves in the loss, while Pat Nagle turned aside 28 shots for Toledo.
- The Growlers are 9-2 on home ice in the playoffs
- Zach O’Brien is one goal off tying the ECHL record for goals in the playoffs (17)
- Hudson Elynuik leads the Growlers in points in the finals with six
- The Walleye have an 87.8% penalty kill on the road
- Matt Register leads all defensemen in the finals with six points
- Shane Berschbach leads the finals in goals with four