The Newfoundland Growlers are committed to the growth and development of hockey in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
We would like to continue this commitment by announcing the Growlers Academy Summer Hockey Skills Camp, in partnership with Mount Pearl Minor Hockey. This week-long program will run from August 15th through August 20th at the Mount Pearl Glacier and will focus on providing a positive hockey development experience on and off the ice, and encouraging young players to challenge themselves in a fun and supportive environment. It is a great way to stay sharp, be prepared for next season, and have fun!
The Growlers Academy Hockey School Program will be open to male and female players who will be playing in U9 (2013, 2014), U11 (2011, 2012), or U13 (2009, 2010) divisions this upcoming season.
Lottery Selection Process
Due to the popular demand for all Growlers Academy programming, families will have until Monday, May 24th at 11:59 p.m. NST to submit their names for participation in the program. To submit your name for the lottery selection please fill out the form below. Participants will then be randomly selected and contacted by Growlers staff with instructions on how to proceed with the registration process.
Summer Hockey Skills Camp @ Mount Pearl Glacier
COST: $400 plus HST/player
- Open to male and female players who will be playing in U9 (2013, 2014), U11 (2011, 2012), or U13 (2009, 2010) divisions this upcoming season.
- August 15th through August 20th, 2021.
- Currently, plans are for the camp to be a full-day experience (8:30 am-4:30 pm). We will be continuing to closely monitor regulations related to Covid-19 and following the direction of local health officials and facility guidelines.
- The camp will consist of 2 ice sessions each day, off-ice sessions, fitness training, daily gifts, and a lunch program – plus much more.
- Members of the Growlers Academy staff will lead the sessions and will be joined by special guests during the week of the camp.
- All proceeds from this camp will be distributed back to minor hockey programs and initiatives in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Growlers Academy Jersey provided.
- Contact: Trevor Murphy or Melissa Kavanagh at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns
- NEW Lottery selection process – families will have until Monday, May 24th at 11:59 p.m. NST to submit their names for participation in the program. Once the registration window closes, a random selection will occur to determine the participants for this program.