Summary of Position
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will support strategic communications and digital media relations to generate coverage of the hockey club, players, coaches, community, and fan development initiatives under the direction of the Manager of Communications and Digital Content. This position is responsible for coordinating day-to-day and game-day operations for the Communications Department in addition to marketing ideation, and execution.
- Work with the Manager of Communications and Digital Content to generate coverage of the hockey club and showcase strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal departments to support digital and traditional marketing efforts through content ideation, creation, and execution.
- Execute effective off-ice media exposure for team marketing and business initiatives with community relations, tickets, fan development, and corporate sponsorships
- Create and implement strategic publicity plans for upcoming events, including press releases, media alerts, press conferences, and unique media opportunities
- Develop publicity and promotional plans with local television and radio outlets
- Manage media for public appearances by Growlers players, coaches, executives, both in advance and on-site at events
- Fulfill media requests for interviews, photos, and team information
- Assist with writing and creation of all team publications, including media guide, post-season guide
- Oversee and supervise game day media relations operations, including press box setup, press room setup, and media hospitality.
- Publish and update content to the Growlers website and microsites
- Oversee organization of club photography archives
- Collaborate with all internal departments to provide public relations/communications support for marketing, community relations, ticketing, and sales initiatives
- Some travel may be necessary, including serving as media relations representative on road games and other off-site events to ensure proper media presence.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
Education - Bachelor's Degree
Certifications Required – NA
- Strong writing skills
- Understanding of sports marketplace and entertainment industry, familiar with media relations practices and community outreach a plus
- Strong knowledge of the sport of hockey is an asset
- Extremely strong communication skills, written and oral, with a detail-oriented eye
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to take on multiple tasks, completing them on short deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Basic photography skills
- Working knowledge of basic PC applications (Office 365) and design applications such as Adobe Suite (Photoshop and Premiere)
- Extremely flexible schedule, including the ability to work nights, weekends
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $35,000.00 per year
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Store discount